Vinyl siding has long been a popular choice for homeowners in Kalamazoo, MI, because it’s inexpensive and low maintenance.
However, one of the critical components of ensuring the long-term performance and aesthetic appeal of vinyl siding is proper installation. While some homeowners may be tempted to install vinyl siding themselves, entrusting this job to experienced professionals is highly recommended.
We’ll explore the benefits of hiring an expert vinyl siding contractor. Kalamazoo, Michigan, has several siding installers, so we’ll also highlight considerations when selecting a contractor for this important task.
Why should you hire an expert vinyl siding installer?
Vinyl siding provides an affordable and durable option for improving a home’s aesthetic appearance and increasing its resale value.
However, hiring an expert installation team is crucial for a positive outcome. You’ll gain the following benefits with a professional siding installer.
- The skills, knowledge, and tools to perform the installation correctly
- An assessment of the existing structure before installing the vinyl siding to ensure that it matches the design and style of the home
- Adherence to the manufacturer’s guidelines to avoid common installation errors
- A guarantee that the project will be completed on time and within budget
- The ability to complete the job from start to finish
Aside from the many wonderful benefits that come with having your vinyl siding installed by an expert, we are also proud to offer out Mastic Elite Double Lifetime Warranty on all of our siding projects. What this means for our customers is that we our factory-backed for life. If our company were goes out of business, the factory will send out another local certified company to fix your siding should you run into any issues – when we say lifetime warranty, we mean it!
What are the steps for expert installation of vinyl siding?
Installing vinyl siding is a complex process that requires expertise and experience. If the surface is not prepped correctly, properly wrapped, and weatherized before installation, the siding will not adhere well, leading to later problems.
A reputable professional can do the job right by completing the following steps.
- Prepare the surface by removing existing siding, repairing any damage or rot, and cleaning the area thoroughly.
- Install the base by carefully cutting and shaping it to fit without gaps or overlaps.
- Add the trim and install the vinyl siding by carefully measuring and cutting the trim pieces to fit the contours of the house and the siding to fit the wall surface.
- Finish the installation by adding the final trim pieces and inspecting that everything is aligned, level, and securely attached.
Tips for Choosing an Expert Vinyl Siding Installer
When you’re ready to search “siding installer near me,” be sure to know what to look for in a reputable installer. To ensure you choose the best contractor for your project, here are some tips to help you select an expert vinyl siding installer.
- Ask friends and family for referrals
- Look online at their websites and social media pages
- Read customer reviews
- Make sure they’re licensed and insured
- Ensure they have experience
- Get a detailed quote
- Look for an installer that provides good communication
- Ask for a warranty on their work
Update Your Vinyl Siding with the Experts at Character Exteriors
For an expert installation for your vinyl siding project in Kalamazoo, MI, choose the experienced professionals at Character Exteriors. We’ve got you covered from small to large siding projects. Learn how we can effectively complete your project from design to build and dramatically transform your home’s exterior with a flawless finish! Contact us today for a free quote.